вторник, 14 июля 2015 г.

I always been interesting in all that KORG's chip abbreviations.
No doubt, I have a gut feeling on that TGL is a Tone Generator related chip, but what MAP is?

Unfortunately, I've never seen inner Korg's documentation, like naming convention, or data structures of AI2 synths. (I beg you to contact with me, if you have some ^__^ )

But today, I've got Wavestation service manual, and there were a little, but priceless passage on this:

MAP16 - Decoder/card buffer, The main functions are Gate Array function connected with CPU such as Address Latch, Address Decoder, R/W Pulse Occurrence Circuit and the interface with IC card.

KSP - Key scan processor. Scans the data of the keys, the panel switches, the wheel, the joystick and the pedals, converts those data to serial and transmits them to CPU.
Sweet little passage. I wish there were a memory map and programming manual for TG. ^__^

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий